26 January, 2017

Stalnaya babochka (2012)


AKA:
Стальная бабочка
Steel Butterfly

Synopsis:
I rarely watch Russian movies and was also quite skeptical about this one. I was proved wrong. I liked the movie pace - not action after action and not too many philosophical dialogs at the same time. I liked the way a story was portrayed - quite realistic homeless children and cops (maybe just a bit sweeter and nicer than real Russian police). Despite the fact that it was marked as 16+, I was pleased that there were no abusive or over the limit scenes - enough to intrigue and enough not to distract spectators focus from the main idea. I had teary eyes at the end - through our life we constantly have to make choices and face their consequences.

Starring:
Darya Melnikova
Anatoliy Belyy
Darya Moroz

Director: Renat Davletyarov
Watch

No comments:

Post a Comment